



**SAINTS LGBT+ COMMITTEE MEETING
AGENDA**

DATE: 2019:5:8 :
Committee Room

1.0 Adoption of the Agenda

1.1 Agenda

2.0 Attendance

2.1

1. President (ALL)
2. Social Officer (ALL)
3. Wellbeing Officer (ALL)
4. Secretary (ALL)
5. Treasurer (ALL)
6. Marketing Officer (ALL)
7. Queerfest Coordinator (ALL)
8. Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator (ALL)
9. First Year/Campaigns Officer (UNSURE)
10. Postgraduate Officer (~11-4)
11. Trans and Non Binary Officer (9am - 1pm - working 1:30-5, sorry!)
12. Design Officer (ALL)
13. Glitterball Coordinator (ALL, except 11-12)

3.0 Apologies for Absence

3.1

4.0 Minutes from Previous

4.1

5.0 Matters Arising from Previous Meeting

5.1

6.0 Events Postmortem

6.1 Beach Day

- Small attendance, but expected for weather and day

7.0 Upcoming Events

7.1 PG Coffee

8.0 Committee Reports

8.1 President

Last Week: Trying to get the lib to buy us books

trying to get donations of binders

met someone called Claire from the sports centre who wants us to go for stonewall

silver?

got a little bit of budget info

This Week: CLOTHING DRIVE

hopefully getting treasurer training,

To Discuss: Attendance/apologies/drive/the summer: boring housekeeping things

- New committee meeting time 7-9pm

8.2 Social Officer

Last Week: began planning for eurovision

- are we looking to host at DRA or whitehorn?

- both places have room to support our committee, but if we would like to make it an open event DRA has space of 80. would recommend booking ASAP

- DRA Nesbitt Room, BYOB (not into bar), committee + friends

This Week: will finalise social

8.3 Wellbeing Officer

Last Week: - Wholesome beach event was fun, got good feedback from people on the types of wholesome/alcohol free events they would like to see from us in the upcoming year

- Confirmed with Got Consent that we would like to collaborate to create an LBGT inclusive workshop presentation.

- Anyone who thinks they should/would like to be involved with that process please let me

know so I can make an official working group

- President, Design, Trans Officer, anyone else let know

This Week: - Work on design of Queer Peer cards so they can be designed over summer and printed before fresher's week. Hopefully collaborate with Design officer :)

- I will coordinate training for everyone for active listening, got consent, CAPOD, and condoms (last one is optional!). I'm assuming that this will happen next year at the start of the semester, but I need to start working on dates now so just want to get an idea of when everyone is planning to be back in town.

- Everyone do condom training too

- Need to fit all in calendar for committee

8.4 Secretary

Last Week: /

This Week: Working on a new template for weekly email

Maybe sort out filtering system on email? Will be a job for over the summer probably

8.5 Treasurer

Last Week: Placed Treasurer envelope in SRC

Started creating sponsorship places list

Asked Cash office about signatory changeover and training, got no reply
went through exact details of various items to purchase.

This Week: More of the same, wait for handover

find out how much is actually left in wellbeing budget
take any receipts as usual

8.6 Marketing Officer

Last Week: Twitter - followers up 2% and profile visits up 165%

Instagram - followers up 6% and reach up 270%

Facebook - as expected no discernable changes in followers and a reduction in page interactions largely due to the recent heavy promotion of pride content

Drastically culled the number of twitter and Instagram accounts followed by Saints LGBT+

This Week: Promoting Feedback form.

To Discuss: Committee Bios for social media announcements

Find another time to do photos

Short bios to accompany photos for insta, fb etc

8.7 Queerfest Coordinator

Last Week: Confirmed a Drag Walk subcommittee

This Week: /

8.8 Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator

Last Week: Completed my handover

This Week: Finding Volunteers for meet-ups

- message Coordinator

Looking into potential new meet-up

- LGBT+ people of faith, help them book spaces etc

- Mansfield on Sundays 4pm
 - Intersex? Put out some feelers to see if that is something people want coming up with new Queer Theory ideas
 - Queer History
 - reclaiming slurs, changing views of LGBT+ in media (eg. Rocky)
 - Gays and food
- Keep running Ace/Aro, Trans/ Non Binary, WLW, Bi/Pan, MLM, Religion
Block book meetups

8.9 Campaigns/ First Year Officer

Last Week: /

This Week: /

To Discuss: LGBT+ Homeless Youth Campaign

- include period poverty campaign
- unofficial subcommittee to help run eg. Design officer would help

8.10 Postgrad Officer

Last Week: Achieve is a strong word but PG meetup is all good to go and publicised via PG society!

- I see that it has been renamed PG coffee and chill in the budget calendar and I am very cool with that.

This Week: Running PG coffee, any other help that needs done

To Discuss: My list is short bc I am AWOL (AWL?) from around the 13th June!

- PG Summer Picnic: some point in early June (3rd?) arrange a cute lil picnic for LGBT+ postgrads at the botanical gardens.
- Will check with the botanical gardens first to make sure it's all good to bring a big group and food in
- Will also contact PG Soc president to see if we can collab
- RA can go up ASAP
- PG Wine Tasting? Whisky????

8.11 Trans and Non Binary Officer

Last Week: Ordered tucking underwear (2 requested, 2 for clothing drives).

Ordered breast forms (2 requested, 1 for clothing drives).

This Week: Hopefully will go through older clothes donations with Parker and decide what we're keeping,

- donate the rest to charity shops in town.
 - Also collecting donations from graduates.
 - Collect donations from union only
- Potentially ordering binders if discounts can be confirmed.

8.12 Design Officer

Last Week: I designed the facebook event banner for the bubbles on the beach event (again so sorry I couldn't make it!)
hopefully by the time of the meeting I will have put together some designs for pronoun badges and stand-up banner.

- Have ideas for those, will pass on ideas once put together, similar to logo

This Week: If I haven't finished my designs for the badges and banner I will get these done.

- I do have a lot of ideas for the badges so hopefully I can bring them to the meeting and then I can spend next week perfecting a design that we all agree on!

8.13 Glitterball Coordinator (in camera)

Last Week: handover

This Week: emails

8.14 Contributions from Sabbatical Officers

9.0 AOCB

10.0 Student Councils' Business

11.0 Open Forum (in camera)